On February 7th, 2013, Northern Gold Mining Inc. completed the acquisition of a 100% interest in Victory Gold Mines Inc. with its Gold Pike Property located adjacent to the operating Primero Mining Corp. Black Fox Mine and St. Andrew Goldfields Hislop Mine in the Timmins Gold District.
The Gold Pike Property comprises 1,163 acres along the Destor-Porcupine Fault Zone. As of 10 July, 2013, Victory Gold had completed 52 drill holes, totalling 11,056 metres with the following highlights:
- 2.02 g/tonne Au over 71.5 meters – GP-11-14
- 3.35 g/tonne Au over 31.5 meters – GP-12-19
- 3.91 g/tonne Au over 15.6 meters – GP-12-32
- 4.52 g/tonne Au over 11.5 meters – GP-12-48
Exploration in 2011 included 9 drill holes including:
- 7.13g/tonne Au over 65.4 meters – GP-11-08
Northern Gold's addition of the Gold Pike Property marks its third acquisition in the Timmins region, including the recently acquired Buffonta and Lac Minerals Gold Properties.
For further information: